History of Local 704:
Through a requested search of the United Association's UA Journal archives, the following information was found:
1911 - In the December UA Journal, General Organizer, Frank Kennedy reports theorganization in November of Sprinkler Fitters Local 557 of Detroit. The first listed officers were: G. Swift, Recording Secretary; C. Warren, Financial Secretary.1916 - Local Union 557 appears in the list of UA locals for the last time in the August 1916 issue.
1921 - The first listing of the Detroit auxiliary of Road Local 669 appears in the June 1921 Journal with George Tries listed as an officer. John Coefield, UA General President; traveled to Detroit to present the charter to the Detroit Sprinkler Fitters as an auxiliary of Road Local 669.
1946 - The UA Convention approved reorganization of the Sprinkler Fitters, giving autonomy to the auxiliary branches.
1947 to present - The first reference to Local Union 704 is in the March 1947 UA Journal with E. J. Burrill listed as Business Agent. Burrill had been Business Agent of the auxiliary.